Dec 7, 2014

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation Review

Hello, 
Today I would like to share my reviews for Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation. Honestly, this is my first high-end foundation. I have been using drugstore foundations like Loreal and Revlon. But now I want the foundation that gives me the coverage longer without needing to touch up often. My previous l'oreal lumi magique foundation gives a nice coverage and glow when I put on but after a few hours later, my T zones start to be oily. At the end of the day, it oxidizes. My face becomes separate from my make up if you know what I mean :P So, I search online for good high end foundations and find Estee Lauder has quite good reviews. They have two types, double wear and double wear light foundation but I decide to give a try to light one . Okay. Lets get started.

This foundation is only SPF 10 . So make sure you put on sun screen before that also 

I bought it at Isetan and this 30ml tube costs sgd $58. ( holy sh**t!!)

My shade is intensity 2.5 . They got quite a number of shades to try on.  


My face before foundation. I put on moisturizer and primer

I will show you the color of foundation. I pour so much. Oops!!



I just use my make up blender ( sponge ) to apply on my face. I find it easier to apply evenly using sponge than my flat foundation brush. You wanna see the results after foundation? Here you go!!

with foundation



I find that the foundation matches into my skin beautifully without looking like I put on too much make up. It gives a semi matte finish for your face. I love the natural finishing look of this foundation. You need to put  a bit more to give you more coverage and still need to apply concealer for your dark circle eyes and blemishes if have any. 

My full face make up before go out :)


Update: I wear it to go out for a long day. I left home at 11 am and comes back home about 10 pm and sees that my make up is still there. As the name goes, it stays on your face very long time ( about 11 hours ) without oxidization. I check my face time to time during the day and amazingly, my T zones never gets oily. I don't need to touch up!!! Wow

BUT, my dry and combination skin reacts to this make up. ( Note: My skin type is dry seriously around mouth area and beside my eye brows but  oily on Tzone )
 My face got dry patches around my mouth and is peeling off so bad :S Only that area is reacting to this make up though. I wore this foundation for two days and it happened on both days. Not sure it is because the weather is quite cold these days. I need to apply more moisture on that area next time and see how it goes. So for dry skin types, this foundation may not be so suitable.  For oily skin types, this foundation will work best for you without giving too much shine. :)

Update: I mixed my Clinique dramatically different lotion ( 1 pump ) ,about the same amount with the foundation together and tried to apply on my face. The dry patches around my mouth are less and not so visible. So, I guess I need to mix my moisturizer lotion with foundation when I want for long wearing result yet not drying on my skin.

Hope you enjoy my review. See you soon :)

<3 Violet







4 comments:

  1. I've been vary curious about this foundation because it's a ligther version ot the infamous double wear fundation, so I was very excited to see that you've done a review! It's very detailed, thank you! I'll defiently be having this foundation on the back of my mind when I go in store to buy a new foundation! :)

    WWW.THEFASHIONINSIGHT.COM / OUTFIT OF THE DAY - WHITE LAYERING

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hi
    Thank you for reading and comment. Hope this review helps you. :) <3 Violet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a sample of this same product! I really like it for everyday when I'm going to work. It's such a moisturizing feel.

    TIFFANYXOXO.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good that you have a moisturizing feel with this foundation. My skin is just so dry x(

    ReplyDelete