Jun 11, 2016

Makeup revolution palettes review and swatches! ( Iconic 2 and Salted caramel palette )

Hello everyone,

Today, I would like to write a review for makeup revolution iconic 2 and salted caramel palettes. Makeup revolution is a UK brand which is really affordable and they sell a lot of dupe eye shadow products for Urban decay naked palettes and too faced eye shadow palettes. I picked up iconic 2 palette which is a dupe for UD naked 2 palette and salted caramel palette which is a dupe for too faced semi sweet chocolate palette. I don't have the original UD naked 2 and too faced semi sweet palettes to compare but I can see from online swatches, they are all pretty similar colours. You can check out youtube or online swatches to decide too.  


Lets get to the review. 


Iconic  2 palette and Salted caramel palette 


Iconic 2 palette contains 12 shades ( 9 shimmers and 3 mattes) 

Below is the swatches of Iconic 2 palette. I am sorry that the photos are a bit dark because it is a rainy day outside and my room is too dark to capture good photos without shadows.
But, as you can see from the swatches, they are really pigmented. Iconic 2 is really pretty taupe silver colours. I am really impressed with the quality of the shadows except  2 matte shades that are a bit chalky. However, the rest of the shades are pigmented even with one swipe and is better quality than maybelline and loreal shadows.

Iconic 2 swatches


Lets see salted caramel palette!

Salted caramel palette contains 16 shades ( 7 mattes and 9 shimmers )

 Once you open the palette, you will notice that it smells pretty good and yummy. I really like blue and caramel colour in the middle row.

First row swatches! 
 All of the first row colours are matte ( the glitters in the photos on my hands are from my previous swatches ) I find that the matte colours in this palette are more pigmented than iconic 2 palette.


second row swatches!
I really like the second row colours and quality except the second one from the left is no pigment. Blue, caramel and bronze shades are so pigmented and I am in love.


Third row swatches!

Third row colours are 4 shimmers and 1 matte. As usual, all the shimmer colours from makeup revolution are pigmented and pretty. You can use the first colour from the right as face highlight too. 

To conclude the review for these two palettes, makeup revolution palettes are high quality shadows although you cannot match the quality of UD or too faced shadows. Makeup revolution shimmer colours are pigmented and great although matte colours are a bit chalky - you can still build up the colours for matte and it is usable. I really recommend makeup revolution palettes if you don't want to spend a lot of money on UD naked palettes and too faced palettes or even if you have them, you can still try the colours. Since it is really affordable, it is worth to check out. :)

Hope you enjoy my review.
<3
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment