Aug 6, 2016

All about Liquid lipsticks: Favorites and mehh!!

Hello all,

If you all don't know, I am obsessed with liquid lipsticks for over a year now and I have tried every brands that I can. I feel bad for bullet lipsticks since I  wear liquid lipsticks almost daily. Liquid lipsticks are your best friend if you want matte finish and long lasting lips all day. But almost all of the liquid lipsticks are drying so it may not be for people who have dry lips or hate dry feelings on the lips. From the liquid lipsticks brands that I have tried, I want to share my favourite brands and formulas for both high end and affordable options. Of cos, the ones that I don't really like also. ;)




 This is all my liquid lipsticks collection and both container and drawer is from Muji.


I will start with high end or pricey  brands first. I pick my top brands  in no particular order because I cannot choose which is no. 1 or 2.

First is Stila all day liquid lipsticks ( SG$39 ) and available in Sephora stores. Stila is one of the first brands that I tried and fell in love . I have 2 of them and obviously need to pick up more. 



This shade called Patina is my no. 1 favourite colour on the lips.  It is really pretty nude pinky mauve colour for everyday wear. The formula of Stila is liquidy, dries to matte and last all day. The colours are really opaque and 1 coat is enough to apply. I find them not drying on lips at all even though they are matte. Highly recommend them and you should at least check out Patina in store. :)






Next is all hyped up Kylie matte liquid lipsticks ( US$29  with lip liner exclude shipping fee ) and only available on www.kyliecosmetics.com. I have 5 of them and like every colour that I own. 


Some of the Kylie colour swatches above!!. Kylie mattes have very liquidy formula and dries down to matte the fastest than the rest. From the colours that I own, all are very opaque, long lasting and not drying or flaky on the lips throughout the day. My favorite shades are dolce K, 22 and candy K. I reviewed them on my another blog post and you can check it out the colours on my lips there.



 Next is Jeffree Star Velour liquid lipsticks! It is US$18 ( exclude shipping fee ) and can be purchased on www.beautylish.com and jeffreestarcosmetics.com. I have 6 of them and I really have to stop purchasing since they are addictive. Look at the cute packaging :D



Some of the Jeffree star swaches above!! Jefree star formula is not so liquidy or mousse and dries down to matte after a few minutes. Once it dries, it feels nothing on the lips and they have the most comfortable formula. It is not as long lasting as Kylie or Stila but less drying and can touch up easily. My favorite shades are mannequin , doll parts, unicorn blood and gemini ( from top to bottom in clockwise )




Next is of course, Kat Von D everlasting liquid lipsticks ( SG$ 31 ) and available in Sephora stores or online. Kat Von D is recently launched in Singapore and I picked up 3 but  they have wide range of colours to choose from. I really like her packaging too- so sleek and easy to store.


Bow and arrow, Lolita and Requiem ( L to R ).  Kat Von D formula is also liquidy, opaque and dries to matte quick. They can be a bit drying throughout the day but I don't mind that and her colours selection is amazing. :)




Next is the balm meet matte hughes long lasting liquid lipsticks ( SG$36.90 ) and can be purchased at www.sephora.sg or some SASA stores. I have only one of the shade which is called charming. They are on pricey side but it is worth it because the formula is amazing. They have mousse texture but it dries to matte without drying on the lips. The colour lasts all day on my lips and it smells like chocolate mint chips. I will totally purchase more colours from them in the future. 




Let's discuss more affordable and drugstore brands next.


Ok. Next is Ofra long lasting liquid lipsticks ( US$19.90 exclude shipping ) but they have 30% of code from a lot of youtubers so after discount is only US$14. You can only get them on their website www.ofracosmetics.com I have 4 of them and the other two not in picture is in their old packaging. 


Ofra formula is more mousse side and it does not really dry down to matte in beginning. It will dry to matte later in the day though. It is one of the most comfortable formula since it is less drying but cons is it is not transfer proof and not long lasting as the rest. You can easily touch up though. This is best for those who don't like dry formulas on the lips. Swatches are called  Aries and Charmed ( From L to R ). 



Next is Colourpop ultra satin lips ( US$6 exclude shipping ) and available only
on colourpop.com. I have quite a few of them since they are so affordable and the formula is so good. I am not a fan of their ultra matte lips since they are quite drying but this satin formula is amazing!!! I wish they have more shades like their ultra mattes.


Swatches above are from ColourpopX Kathleen lights collab. Alyssa, November and point zero ( L to R ). Their formula is the same as Ofra one - mousse type , not really dries to matte and transfer when you eat. But good thing is that although it transfers when you eat, you still left colour on the lips and is quite long lasting too. I am in love with this formula. <3


Recently, I found new favourite brand from drugstore. They are Milani matte lip cream ( around SG$12 ) and  I purchase from www.beautybay.com. I am not sure where else you can get from. 


I picked up two colours- Allure and Fling ( L to R ).  They have similar formula like Kylie or Kat Von D. It dries to really matte and long lasting all day. I find them not drying although I am not sure how others feel. But it is worth to check out for this price.





After I discussed my favourite brands, let's talk about the ones that I don't really like.



They are Tarte matte lip paint (SG$30 ), Mac retro matte liquid lipstick (SG$39 ) and Revlon ultra HD matte lipcolor (SG$21.90). 


I don't like Tarte and Revlon for the same reason- they are not really matte at all. Tarte ( swatch on top left colour ) formula is not really opaque and it takes very long to dry. You need a few layers to get good colour pay off and since it is not really matte, it does not last long. I will choose Ofra or Colorupop over Tarte.


Mac retro matte swatch very pretty - it is opaque and dries to matte as you see in the photo. ( Swatch on top right colour ). I really like this colour -" Oh lady "but after a few hours, it cracks on the lips and flakes on bottom lips. When you touch up, it is fine for a while but after a few minutes, it flakes off. I am not sure this is for only this colour but I don't want to pay $39 to try another colour again. :(


Revlon ultra HD matte is the same as Tarte. It is not opaque and you need to layer up to get good colour pay off. It does not dry to matte too. Swatch is bottom from the three in the photo. I rather buy Nyx soft matte lip cream ( similar formula but better and cheaper ) since $21.90 is not cheap  for Revlon here considering drugstore brand.


Honourable brands that are worth mentioned are
Gerald cosmetics ultra matte liquid lipstick,
Bourjois rouge edition velvet lips,
Australis velourlips  and
LA Girl pro matte lip gloss.
You can check out these brands too and may like them.

I hope you find this post helpful and I will keep reviewing other liquid lipsticks brands If I try in the future too. I want to try Anastasia beverly hills and Smash box liquid lipsticks next.

<3
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment