Aug 20, 2016

Kylie Cosmetics Kyshadow bronze palette review, swatches and dupes!



Hello guys,

Today, I will be doing a review for Kylie Cosmetics Kyshadow bronze palette. Kylie recently released new eye shadow palette and it sold out within 1 min every restock, I'm not even joking LOL. I am lucky enough to be able to order it. To be honest, I am not so excited when I first see her palette online and it looks similar to BH cosmetics x Shannxo palette. But I purchased since  I am curious of the formula and want to review on my blog with any possible dupes. :)




Here is the first look. It comes with cute blinking eye card.  As usual, the packaging is really stunning and I like the eyes with drips on front cover.



Here is the colours. As it is called bronze palette, it includes pretty brown, bronze everyday neutral shades. Only 2 of them satin finish and the rest are mattes which I like. Colours descriptions according to website are

Jasper (matte finish creamy beige), 
Quartz (satin finish champagne gold), 
Topaz (matte finish true taupe), 
Goldstone (satin finish bronze),
Citrine (matte finish bright orange), 
Tiger Eye (matte finish light golden brown), 
Hematite (matte finish chestnut brown), 
Bronzite (matte finish chocolate brown), 
Obsidian (matte finish black). 



Here is the back of the palette with eye shadows names. I wish the names are written in front down the eye shadows for easier reference.



 1st Swatches of the palette taken with just my iphone without flash ( L )and with flash( R )


This is close up swatches taken with my camera. As you can see, matte shades are pretty pigmented and satin shades  are less pigmented than what I expected especially the shade, Quartz ( champagne gold ). I will spritz setting spray on the brush to get more pigment for the two satin shades. Apart from that, I like the formula of the shadows, they are smooth, pigmented and easy to blend on the eyes. I am impressed :) I have been wearing them since I got it and they last pretty long on my eyes too although I have oily eye lids.


Now for the exciting part, I want to compare kyshadow with other dupes that are famous on the internet. Luckily, I have both famous dupes for Kyshadow.



These are BH cosmetics x Shannxo palette and Morphe 35O palettes.


On the first glance, shannxo palette is very similar to Kylie in therms of design and shades. Morphe 35O is very pretty warm orangey palette ( my all time dream favorite palette ).






This is close up of Shannxo palette with Kyshadow palette. When you see close up of these two, the colours are not very similar. Shannxo palette has 6 satin shades and only 3 are matte while Kyshadow has 7 mattes and only 2 satin shades. I mark the shades that look similar with star  in both palettes and swatch below.


BH = Bh cosmetics shannxo , KY=Kyshadow 

For the first white shades, they are pretty similar but shannxo has more pinky tone and Kylie white shade  has more yellow tone and pigmented. For the second satin shades, Shannxo's is more pigmented and white while Kylie shade is more champagne cream colour which does not really show up on my skin tone.




As you can see above, Shannxo palette shade is more yellow but Kylie shade is more orange and these two are different. For the next bronze shades, it is pretty much dupe. But outside , Shannxo bronze shade is darker and more pigmented . I really like this shade from Shannxo palette. 


Next brown shade from Shannxo palette is more red tone, warm and Kylie shade is more brown. For the black shades, Shannxo's is more grey tone with glitter and Kylie's a bit darker and matte shade.

As you see from swatches, only 1 or 2 shades are similar ( white and bronze ) in both palettes. Shannxo palette has more satin shades which are pretty ( although I wish there are more matte shades ) and Kyshadow palette has more matte shades for day to day wear. In my opinion, these two palettes can work together beautifully and I don't mind owning them both since they are not that similar.




Next is Morphe 35O palette Vs Kylie palette. Morphe has 35 shades and obviously there are more dupe colours inside. I am not sure you can see in photo but I mark same colour stars on the shades that are similar in both palettes.


M=Morphe , KY=Kyshadow 

I swatch white and champagne satin shades from Kylie with similar colours from Morphe. White shade is pretty much same but Kylie champagne satin shade is a bit different from Morphe satin shades.  



Next, I swatch all the orange and brown colours . I am glad to see that Morphe orange shade and Kylie orange shade ( first shade from below )  is exact dupe and first and second shades from top are pretty much same too.

So, Morphe 35O has more similar colours with Kylie palette and I am sure you can create the same look with Morphe palette. If you have 35O palette, you don't really need Kyshadow palette but as an eye shadow palette collector myself, I am happy that I own both.

 In my honest opinion, although I love Morphe 35O palette, I don't reach for it so much as it is pretty big palette and I am sometimes overwhelmed with lots of shades. You cannot travel with this palette too as it is big palette and Morphe palettes are quite fragile. For Kyshadow palette, I can travel with it and is easier to use day to day as a small palette.

I really hope you enjoy my review and swatches and help you out some way. I will try my best to post more  on my blog but as it takes lots of time and effort, I struggle to find time since I work full time too. Anyway, Thank you so much for your time in reading my post . :)

<3
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment